If you are anything like us, you love a good quote. I know whenever I have a particularly hard case, I search for a quote to get me through the hard bit.
On today’s Feel Good Friday, we wanted to share a few quotes that make us feel inspired and thoughtful when confronting adversity. Sometimes just reading a great quote makes your more inspired to fight a long hard battle or just inspires you to take forward action.
Here are some of our favorites that have inspired us to overcome adversity!
There is no education like adversity. – Benjamin Disraeli
“I am more than my scars.” – Andrew Davidson
“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” – Elizabeth Kubler Ross
“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” – Abraham Lincoln
“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
“These are the times that try men’s souls.” – Thomas Paine
“Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
- The moment you realize that the person you cared for has nothing intellectually or spiritually to offer you, but a headache.
- The moment you realize God had greater plans for you that don’t involve crying at night or sad Pinterest quotes.
- The moment you stop comparing yourself to others because it undermines your worth, education and your parent’s wisdom.
- The moment you live your dreams, not because of what it will prove or get you, but because that is all you want to do. People’s opinions don’t matter.
- The moment you realize that no one is your enemy, except yourself.
- The moment you realize that you can have everything you want in life. However, it takes timing, the right heart, the right actions, the right passion and a willingness to risk it all. If it is not yours, it is because you really didn’t want it, need it or God prevented it.
- The moment you realize the ghost of your ancestors stood between you and the person you loved. They really don’t want you mucking up the family line with someone that acts anything less than honorable.
- The moment you realize that happiness was never about getting a person. They are only a helpmate towards achieving your life mission.
- The moment you believe that love is not about losing or winning. It is just a few moments in time, followed by an eternity of situations to grow from.
- The moment you realize that you were always the right person.
“Only ignorant people walk away from greatness.” – Shannon Adler
“If the road is easy, you’re likely going the wrong way.” – Terry Goodkind
“However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names. It is not so bad as you are. It looks poorest when you are richest. The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its door as early in the spring. I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, and have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.” – Henry David Thoreau
What is your favorite? What other quotes do you like? What is your absolute favorite quote that you have taped up on your mirror and walls?